- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 5,004 tons
- Dimensions: 468 x 45 ft.
- Machinery: Maudslay, Sons & Field four-cylinder, tandem compound steam engine, one screw, 5000 ihp = 15 knots
- Passengers: 1,720 (220 first class, 1,500 third class)
- Builder: Harland & Wolff, Ltd, Belfast, Ireland
- Launched: 3 Feb 1874 (Yard No.83)
- Service: Built for the White Star Line's Liverpool-Queenstown-New York service. Laid down as Hellenic. Maiden voyage 25 Jun 1874. Captured the Blue Riband Nov 1876 with crossing speed of 15.43 knots. Served as transport in 1899 during Boer War. Broken up at Hamburg 1903.