R.M.S. Balmoral Castle
1910 (Rhenania GLR-11A)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 13,361 tons
- Dimensions: 570 x 64.5 x 31.5 ft.
- Machinery: Steam reciprocating engines, twin screw = 16.5 knots
- Passengers: 513 (307 first class, 206 tourist class)
- Builder: Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co., Glasgow, Scotland, 1910
- Service: Built for Union-Castle Line. England-South Africa service.
In 1914 she became a troopship; following the Armistice in 1918 she repatriated
US and Australia troops. Made two voyages in 1919 between Liverpool and New York for
Cunard before returning to service for Union-Castle. Broken up in Wales, 1939.
Sistership Edinburgh Castle.