- Type: Passenger / general cargo
- Displacement: 4,788 tons
- Dimensions: 376 x 46 ft
- Machinery: Steam triple expansion, twin screw = 11 knots
- Passengers: 468 (28 first class, 440 steerage)
- Builder: Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, Germany, 1897
- Launched: 13 May 1897
- Service: Built for Hamburg-Süd service between Hamburg and South America. On 20 Jan 1901 she collided with and sank the Danish schooner Arken near the Cape Verde Islands. Torpedoed and sunk in the Baltic Sea, 18 Oct 1915, by the British submarine E-9.