1914 (Mercator M-411)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 18,805 tons
- Dimensions: 613 x 72 ft.
- Machinery: Steam triple expansion engines, triple screws = 17 knots
- Passengers: 1586 (400 first class, 274 second class, 912 third class)
- Builder: Bremer-Vulkan Shipyards, Hamburg, Germany, 1914
- Service: Built for Hamburg-South America Line. Hamburg-east coast of
South America service. Caught at Buenos Aires at the outbreak of First World War,
August 1914, and made over as an armed merchant cruiser. Sunk after a battle with
the converted Cunard liner Carmania
off Trinidad, 14 September 1914; 16 dead.